Side Pipe Cutout Adjustments

After making the minimum cutouts, I found out it needs more.

I began by making the cutouts for the side pipes as small as possible. After driving it around the block, I quickly found out that I needed additional space for the movement of the engine. (ClubCobra guys warned me!) The passenger side pipes move upward at least inch. After I made the cutouts, it looks more uniform. The spacing was not the same from one side to the other which could be corrected by twisting the engine tail towards the driver side, but this would cause the alignment between the transmission tail to differential to be skewed.

For the radius on the corners, I used the end of a caulk tube that was 2, the same as the exhaust runners.

| Home | Next |